Discuss Poor Victorian tiling? in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I’ve just had Victorian tiles laid a day ago and I’m not 100% happy. On first glance it looks ok but the spaces are uneven (he didn’t use spacers) and the pattern is not quite parallel. Am I being too fussy/particular?

F67B5D50-3629-4EB8-9244-C4173E4B818F.jpeg

Reaction score
Fair play to the guy. It's not the worst job ive seen on this forum. These victorian tiles are quite hard to do in the first place. To use spacers would have taken forever. I think when the job is grouted and finished, it will look ok.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. It has been grouted now and looks a lot better. Think I just panicked a bit when I initially saw it and yes, was a bit too fussy.

Reply to Poor Victorian tiling? in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks