Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Poor tile lapping from bathroom installer in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Australia

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
You might be ok though, if he pva’d the walls and spot fixed with green star he could just push them in place on Monday morning.
Sorted!

OP
D

Dumbo

You can't blame my builder . If somebody is unscrupulous to show false pictures and false references how can you mitigate against that . Problem with my builder is the users not posting negative reviews . Customers can not only go off personal recommendations because that would only allow established traders to work and eventually we will die then who will tile then . I believe @Adey1980 said used my builder when he started out . Are you all saying he is no good

OP
D

Dumbo

We all have to start somewhere . I know some good site tilers that have no presence in the domestic market in my area . I don't mean good because they're quick I just mean good . So if they go on my builder because they have no domestic presence that make them rubbish . Just one thing I am not on my builder but you can't tar everybody with the same brush .

OP
G

GoneGuy

You can't blame my builder . If somebody is unscrupulous to show false pictures and false references how can you mitigate against that . Problem with my builder is the users not posting negative reviews . Customers can not only go off personal recommendations because that would only allow established traders to work and eventually we will die then who will tile then . I believe @Adey1980 said used my builder when he started out . Are you all saying he is no good
Yes I used mybuilder to help me start out on my own it helped build up a good name and to also fill up free spaces in the diary.

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
As my original post, I am not saying all members are knocking out substandard work, far from it, but the quality of the work we have seen today asks questions of how these sites are run as it gives those who may want to rip off customers the perfect platform to do so.

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I’d put this in the category of poor first attempt at DIY tile. Don’t pay a penny more.

Reply to Poor tile lapping from bathroom installer in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock