Discuss Poor finishing in £21k kitchen? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Saf76

TF
Reaction score
Kitchen fitter used charcoal rather than grey grout which probably makes this look worse, but to my eye the edging is not well done with gaps and sharp ends, the grouting is uneven and several tiles are poorly shaped. Can this be rescued? Am I being too fussy here?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    893.6 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    953.8 KB · Views: 111
  • image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
  • image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 108
  • image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 103

Wayne Brown

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
That is not acceptable it is a very poor effort, he obviously rushed it and didn't plan the layout of the tiles even with a light grey grout it will still look a mess the metal trim is nasty and any respected tiler would have advised you on other options if I had paid that sort of money then it would need to be spot on . Kop

Saf76

TF
Reaction score
I’ve asked them back tomorrow to fix several snagging issues. Can the edging be rescued/ replaced? Is it a case of ripping the metal strips off and adding a bevelled edge or something similar for a better finish?

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I would be interested to see what the rest of the kitchen looks like.

Reaction score
Nice to see Stevie Wonder's tiling improved not, poor is a understatement from the picture you've posted it's bad , has the kitchen fitter fitted your cooker hood of centre also because they certainly have not centred any of the tiling they've done or did they leave the tape measure in the van when they did your tiling

Reaction score
hopefully that just a base coat because if it isn't christ your right Wilder it's the mayor's favorite saying from the wire "shiteeeeee"

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
I’m with Boggs , if that’s a 21 grand kitchen fit, can we look at the rest , cos the painting looks ***** as well :rolleyes::oops:

hopefully that just a base coat because if it isn't christ your right Wilder it's the mayor's favorite saying from the wire "shiteeeeee"

I have a strong feeling you are both just about to insult the ops own painting skills here to add insult to injury :eek::joycat:

JamesW

TF
Reaction score
If i paid 21k for that tiling and for someone who cant mitre properly i would be asking them to rectify it ASAP.

No excuse for those poor mitres - heck at 21k a kitchen he can even buy pre cut mitre corners for a few quid.

Reaction score
Kitchen fitter used charcoal rather than grey grout which probably makes this look worse, but to my eye the edging is not well done with gaps and sharp ends, the grouting is uneven and several tiles are poorly shaped. Can this be rescued? Am I being too fussy here?
That is not good, top should be mitred , also when fitting ,the back of the trim should be cut back so trims don’t over lap and go flat to the wall

Attachments

• 491560AE-136C-41C2-8D50-5C894E202B18.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 69

Reply to Poor finishing in £21k kitchen? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks