Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Polished Poreclain tiles - possibly etch damaged? Can they be polished? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
We moved into a new build property about a year ago. Entire ground floor is fitted with Johnson Parade White Polished porcelain floor tiles. There are some marks on the tiles which can only be seen in certain light and angles. I believe they have been caused by the protective plastic which was put on the tiles whilst our home was being decorated / fitted out.

A professional cleaner has seen a photo (attached) I sent him and said the tiles might have become etched by the protective cover being left on the tiles for too long.

Can these tiles be repolished or are they permanently damaged?

Attachments

• tile.jpg
    tile.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 34
J

J Sid

No you won't be able to polish them back to a good finish.
Does it feel like a raised surface or pitted surface?

OP
M
Reaction score
They can't be polished then? They are not a glazed tile. Would mean replacing about 20 tiles. I will have to have a word with the new builder developer because it's their problem to put right.

Reply to Polished Poreclain tiles - possibly etch damaged? Can they be polished? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock