TileFix Direct
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Plumbing and Heating: refitting exposed shower valve unit in the Plumbing and Heating Forum area at TilersForums.com

Plumbing News

TF Official Sponsor
Premium
refitting exposed shower valve unit plumbing question
Hi All
I am in the process of re-fitting an exposed mixer shower control unit.
This was removed to replace a cracked tile.
So now beginning to re connect.
I begin by sliding the back shrouds, nuts and olives over the water supply pipes
and insert the15mm hot and cold water supply pipes into the inlet connections of the valve.

However I can not get the the shower valve to fully seat tight against the backplate.
I have hand tightened the nuts - but not fully tightened - but the valve will not seat tight against the backplate.
So it appears that the unit is somehow being held off from fully engaging with the backplate by approx 3-4 mm.
If I remove the two back shrouds or the olives then the valve will seat against the backplate - no problem, so it seems to be a distance issue.
Scratching my head about this one.
Obviously I don't want to go ahead and fully tighten the nuts if the valve is not seated correctly
Any advice would be gratefully received

Brimal

refitting exposed shower valve unit

This has been posted to our plumbing forum, click refitting exposed shower valve unit to reply to this plumbing question.

Reply to Plumbing and Heating: refitting exposed shower valve unit in the Plumbing and Heating Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.