Mapei Tile Adhesive - Official forum sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Discuss Plumbing and Heating: Is a missing flange the problem? in the Plumbing and Heating Forum area at TilersForums.com

The Wetroom Store - TilersForums.com Sponsor

Plumbing News

TF Official Sponsor
Premium
Is a missing flange the problem? plumbing question
I have a 2nd pump which has recently stopped working properly. Symptoms are 1) usually loses pressure quickly and the pump gets louder 2) no pressure at all. We can fix it by either changing the mixer tap on the shower to cold, then back to hot or by giving the hot feed pipe to the pump a shake (#3 in the picture). I'm wondering if the issue is a missing Essex flange on the pipe coming out of the tank (#2) or the way the plumber has connected this pump to the existing bath pump (#2). Plumber wants to replace the pump but since it generally works, I'm not sure that'll fix the issue. Any advice appreciated!

Is a missing flange the problem?

This has been posted to our plumbing forum, click Is a missing flange the problem? to reply to this plumbing question.

Reply to Plumbing and Heating: Is a missing flange the problem? in the Plumbing and Heating Forum area at TilersForums.com

uHeat Official Forum Sponsor for Underfloor Heating (Electric and Wet)

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.