Discuss Please help, this doesn't seem right at all in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Azoric

-
Reaction score
Hi all,

I was wondering if you can possibly help me out.
Just had a tiler come and tile the downstairs hall and bathroom and i really don't think these should be looking like this. He is wanting to come back in the next couple of days to stick them down and grout them but i am really concerned that this should not be like this at all. A problem i have is that i can't get these same tiles again, these were the last of the batch which the company had and any other batches will have darker greys in them which will be noticeable difference. The tiles on the edges are free moving at the moment, but the tiles in the middle are stuck down. The laminate flooring which the guy took out first of all was all under the door frames but these tiles clearly aren't, let alone how messy the cuts are.

Am i going crazy or is this not up to scratch?

Thank you for any advice!

Attachments

• Photo 28-01-2021, 23 57 42.jpg
    472.8 KB · Views: 114
  • Photo 28-01-2021, 23 57 51.jpg
    618.3 KB · Views: 110
  • Photo 28-01-2021, 23 58 05.jpg
    576 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo 28-01-2021, 23 58 13.jpg
    477.2 KB · Views: 111
  • Photo 28-01-2021, 23 58 24.jpg
    388.9 KB · Views: 112
  • Photo 28-01-2021, 23 58 32.jpg
    432.4 KB · Views: 109
  • Photo 28-01-2021, 23 58 40.jpg
    419.1 KB · Views: 103
  • Photo 28-01-2021, 23 58 47.jpg
    428.8 KB · Views: 108
  • Photo 28-01-2021, 23 59 05.jpg
    400.1 KB · Views: 106
  • Photo 29-01-2021, 00 00 26.jpg
    363.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Photo 29-01-2021, 00 00 30.jpg
    399.7 KB · Views: 114
R

Rob the tiler

Holy rubbish!!
I think that you should put his tools in the skip because that is absolutely shocking

Reaction score
Hi all,

Just had a tiler come and tile the downstairs hall and bathroom and i really don't think these should be looking like this. He is wanting to come back in the next couple of days to stick them down and grout them but i am really concerned that this should not be like this at all. A problem i have is that i can't get these same tiles again, these were the last of the batch which the company had and any other batches will have darker greys in them which will be noticeable difference. The tiles on the edges are free moving at the moment, but the tiles in the middle are stuck down. The laminate flooring which the guy took out first of all was all under the door frames but these tiles clearly aren't, let alone how messy the cuts are.

I’m not in the trade but as a customer I’d reject that. Imagine the huge areas of grout/sealant to cover the cuts. Shocking.

Reaction score
Hi all,

No tiler would do that. Simple as.
What you've employed is a cheap handyman I'm afraid.

Oddbod

-
Reaction score
Goodness gracious!!

Sorry for the late response, but I only just saw this and couldn't believe the mess.

This is not the work of a professional, or even an amateur tiler. Rather the work of an opportunist who clearly has no tiling experience.

As Huddersfield Tiling also said, no tiler would do that. I'd go further to suggest that only a crook would leave somebody's home looking like that and expect to get paid for the privilege.

So, if it were me, I'd get them back, and tell them to remove the mess they've made in your house and refund whatever labour cost you may already have been charged, together with the cost of the tiles.
If they refused, I'd threaten them with the small claims court and tell them I'll add to my claim the cost to have somebody else retile the floors.

I would have no doubt that these photographs would serve to fully defend such a claim, as they demonstrate quite clearly that whoever did this has no tiling experience whatsoever and should not have offered to undertake such work for payment in the first place, unless you agreed to accept anything less than a professional piece of work, which I doubt you would have done.

Bottom line: when engaging a contractor you have a reasonable expectation as to the quality of the work being done. This doesn't even come close, and I'm really feeling for you right now.

Reaction score
Hi all,

Reply to Please help, this doesn't seem right at all in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks