Discuss Please Help save my knees folks! Floor grouting systems? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

The Dude

Hi folks,

My knees are crumbling badly which, as we know - is not good news for any tiler! But I've got a lot of floor tiling coming up so I'm keen to stay off my knees where possible - bought Redbacks kneepads recently BTW - very good.

Has anyone used any of those squegee on a pole, sponge on a pole systems from Raimondi or Sigma? Does quality suffer, or are they a great idea? Any advice guranteed.

Thanks,

Greg.

peteablard

TF
Arms
Reaction score
You mean the Raimondi pedalo, I got one a few weeks back and they are awesome. Don't know why I didn't order one a long time ago. I got some good reports about it from the guys on here and it didn't disappoint, I'd highly recommend it:thumbsup:

B

bugs183

I hear you Dude, you need to get off those knees!!
Redbacks are fab, as are the Alpro knee pads that Tradetiler sell, the pads really saved my knees as they were fading, but are fine now, i don't use the straps, just kneel on them where i'm working.
Here's a few tricks i use to keep standing.
A sack truck really saves you legs, knees and back for carrying tiles and adhesive.
Priming: spray with a fertilizer pump or fine watering can, then roll over with a paint roller on a pole.
Fixing tiles: Use a ruler to gauge the cuts, and take that to your cutting machine, where you have a pile of tiles ready to be cut, this saves carrying all the time.
Grouting, The squeegee on a pole kinda works, not really got that one dialed yet, but buy a Raimond Pedalo, this is brilliant for grout washing, i can't big this piece of kit up enough, but replace the pole they supply, it's rubbish.
Cleaning and sealing, pads and rollers on poles, there's lots out there to buy, and you can really save your knees.
Good luck.

B

bugs183

If there's two of you get an extra 'sweepex head' for your pedalo, one can dampen the grout and emulsyfy it, the other follows and cleans up, super fast way of grouting, even with a hangover this morning i grouted and washed over 20m2 of 300x300 in under and hour!

R

Rookery

The female ape has a baby in the jungle hospital but its born with no knees. She asks Nurse Giraffe if anything can be done but sadly not. So she puts the baby on her back and trundles off into the jungle where she passes the jungle co-op. She opens her purse but finds she only has 1p but just in case they might have some on offer, she goes in. But she cant see any on the shelves so she goes up the Willy the Wildebeast and says
'Excuse me, do you have 2 ape knees for a penny?'

Reaction score
[video=youtube;0n_j9ToQkdA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0n_j9ToQkdA&feature=plcp[/video]
i use a berta where i can on big floors of pools it is a great bit of kit !! and worth the £'s

B

bugs183

Ooohh, i'm jealous, i could really do with one of those!!
I know you tiles pools, so i don't know if you do much stone, i take it one of these would work fine?

B

bugs183

Here you go!
Ceramic Tiling Tools, Raimondi Tools UK & Ireland
£150.00 very well spent.
Just don't loose the bung!

Last edited by a moderator:
W

White Room

Special Offers at Kwik Split scroll down to the next item..

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Please Help save my knees folks! Floor grouting systems? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks