Discuss Please help, planning concealed mixer location in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Gt5500

-
Reaction score
Hi, great forum, so far has proved very useful but I couldn't find an answer to my specific question.
I'm planning the install of a landscape orientation shower and bath mixer. This is to go above a double ended bath and will be centrered above the bath overflow.
My issue is the height above the bath rim, I will be tiling using 600x300 tiles in straight bonds. The room is 2340mm high and the bath rim according to the spec sheet is 590mm. The walls either side and behind the bath will be tiled along their full length. I have worked out (possibly incorrectly) that if I centre a tile vertically on the vertical centre of the room using 3mm spacers I should end up with a half tile at the floor and ceiling on the full height walls and just over half a tile above the bath rim.
My original intention was to position the mixer so it landed in the middle of a tile vertically. With just over half a tile above the bath rim putting it in the middle of the first full row puts it quite high above the bath rim, 912mm if my maths is correct which looks a bit odd.
My question is, is it a big no no to position it so it sits between rows? Does this make it harder to tile or increase risk of leaks with it having a grout line in the middle?
Thanks for your help everyone.

Reply to Please help, planning concealed mixer location in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks