Discuss Please help a Newbie in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LesD

Hi Les

Is it imperative that the door be centred on the rim of the tray.?

There may be others better qualified than I am to reply but provided that the door frame can be sealed to the wall tiles and the rim of the tray, whether it is exactly centred or not shouldn't matter. I have just had a look at mine and the bottom is forward of centre of the tray rim because the verticals are not symmetrical inside and out. I guess the answer has to depend on the particular door you have to some extent.

Have a look at the picture I posted and see if it helps you make up your mind.

T

TJ Smiler

most shower screens are set back between 10mm & 25mm from the outside edge........ But as long as your happy that wherever you set it it is watertight you will be fine.

Most shower trays have a slight raise on the outside edge so if your setting your your screen more towards the inside edge just make sure it opens and closes smoothly

TJ

T

TJ Smiler

Oh yeah and when it comes to runing your silicone around the shower screen just do the inside edges only (Obviously leaving the door opening so you can get in and out lol) INSIDE ONLY!

tj

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just bumping some of the older popular (sometimes not so popular) threads. Probably wont be current discussion these days but I just need to do it. So just ignore the thread if it's not current for you.

Reply to Please help a Newbie in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks