Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Plastering advice - large porcelain tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

OP
C

Catty

TF
Reaction score
You've put me on the right track - thank you all! Yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing - plasterboard would certainly have been easier, quicker, less messy and saved a lot of grief all round!
All the best,
Catty

OP
C

Catty

TF
Reaction score
Thank you TF. Coincidentally, I have today been advised to consider mechanically fixing similar boards to the wall over the bonding. This will overcome the need to wait for the skim to dry and provide a stronger surface for the tiles, which are already on or just over the 20kg limit. Hmmm.... more to think about, but this seems like a good way to go. Thanks again - much appreciated.

Catty.

Reply to Plastering advice - large porcelain tiles in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
sj1709
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock