Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Plasterboarding out of plumb walls before tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
I live in an old house and I don't think there's a single square corner or plumb wall in the whole place. I've gutted the ground floor bathroom and I'm in the process of battening the walls to take insulation then plasterboard before they are tiled. How important is it the the walls are plumb? The worst one in the room is the window wall, from top to bottom it's about an inch out. I could pack the battens out to plum it, but that would make the side window reveals uneven. If I left them out of plumb, how noticeable would that be? What's the best option?

Last edited:

Reply to Plasterboarding out of plumb walls before tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock