Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Planning floor tile layout in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

serval

TF
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Need a bit of advice on planning the floor tile layout for my downstairs cloakroom.

DSC_2286.JPG

DSC_2287.JPG

The width of the walls run-out by around 10mm as you move from the back wall towards the door way.

Tiles are 600x300 with 3mm spacers. ill be laying them longways, i.e the 600mm edge will run the length of the room from the door to the back wall.

I was thinking to mark out the centre line where the room measures 950-960 wide. Mark this line right down to the back of the room and then work out how best to layout the tiles starting from the centre or close to it so i end up with a decent amout of tile on the last row at each side.

The left side of the room has a good amount of clearance under the plasterboard which i could use to slide the tiles under and cover with skirting once completed.
(no tiles will be going on this wall)

This should mean i only have to deal with runout on the last row on the right hand side. (will be tile the right hand wall)

Lengthways should not be too much of a problem as i can cut the first and last row of tiles to suit.

Would like to know if this sound's like a reasonable plan or if you guys would do something different.

S

Spare Tool

Centering the 960 seems best option, if you run a grout line down that centre line giving 180 cuts on both sides and 200ish on rh wall where its wider, better off squaring it off from the longest LH wall..

Reply to Planning floor tile layout in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock