Discuss Pictures of shower pan liner-US and Canadian method in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

R

Rob Z

In case anyone is interested, this is a standard way showers are done here in North America. When talking to some of the guys here based in the UK, I learned that possibly this method isn't used anymore and many tilesetters haven't seen this done.

So here are a few photos to show the waterproof liner we install under the floor of the shower, then some photos showing the mud going in on the walls and then the waterproofing sheet continued up from the floor.

R

Rob Z

It says I have too many attachments .... I will clear this up with Dave or Dan. :8:

R

Rob Z

I downsizd the pictures, Phil, but I think I have too many MB's of photos in total here at the site. I need to get Dave to sort this out for me.

Computers make me :mad2: :D

R

Rob Z

OK....let's try again...

Here the Noble Chloraloy CPE pan liner is installed over a sloping mortar base. We started installing lath on the wall for floated walls (render in the UK?)

Attachments

• IMG_0988 (Large).JPG
    156.5 KB · Views: 82
Last edited by a moderator:
R

Rob Z

Here the Noble Company CIS waterproofing membrane is installed over the mortar on the walls, and flashed onto the pan liner and sealed with their waterproofing sealant/glue.

Attachments

• IMG_1067 (Large).JPG
    65.2 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_1073 (Large).JPG
    69.9 KB · Views: 52
R

Rob Z

Here we finish the curb with mortar and set blocks in the corner for a footrest/shelf, and cover that with mortar.

Attachments

• IMG_1088 (Large).JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1092 (Large).JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1105 (Large).JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 51
T

Time's Ran Out

Rob - see you're still using chicken wire for the outside floor area. What membrane are you using under it. Is the step made up with a waterproof 'mud'.

Timeless John.

PS I had the same problem with attachments - it would only allow 4.

H

hillhead

I recieved my tanking membrane kit from wetdecs yesterday as part of my JOTM prize for july !! can't wait to use it.Definetly expensive over here.

J

jay

thanks Rob z nice to see someone still knows some traditional ways using expanding metal :8:

Reply to Pictures of shower pan liner-US and Canadian method in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks