Discuss Pci lastogum in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

DaveC

Hi,
Can anybody give me their thoughts on the PCI LASTOGUM liquid membrane. Is this comparable with a fleece membrane or something like the Homelux membrane products?

Regards

Dave

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think that's the same sort of stuff yes.

Last edited:
G

Gazzer

Hi,
Can anybody give me their thoughts on the PCI LASTOGUM liquid membrane. Is this comparable with a fleece membrane or something like the Homelux membrane products?

Regards

Dave

Its not a membrane but a paint on system.

D

DaveC

Sir Ramic,

Thank you for replying. I am aware that the product is not a physical membrane, it is advertised as a liquid membrane.

My question was how does this liquid membrane compare with physical membranes.

Regards

G

Gazzer

I personally dont like them , I much prefer Dural or Schutler membrane. I have tried Mapei, Ardex, BAL, Norcross and Biscem but find them messy and not user friendly plus Dural etc is fast track.

M

Marksmithtiling

I've just used this for the first time, infact its the first wet room i've taken on, going to customers at 7pm tonight to put second coat on .
I assume you use normal adhesive on the floors and walls? customer has supplied all adhesives Wickes own (not my choice, ,original installer fitted waste relaid floor and walls got paid for a weeks work never returned !! Has told customer he can come back in July)
So I have fitted the shower deck ,again, wickes in 4 pieces , re studded one wall to allow the water pipes to come down from the loft,he had not realised it was not possible to bring the pipes in the wall as it is solid so didnt put any feeds in. All in all a bit of a nightmare.
Any advice on the addy welcome, as the wickes waterproof was supplied i assume its ok. The whole lot was bought as package from wickes.
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
hello
I'm using lastogum most of the time and would like to say it's a good one and descent priced too, never had any problems with it, working with lastogum now for about 7 years and still not feeling like I need to change it to some other one, membranes is better then paint on systems, but they are priceeeee :)
good luck

B

Ben

i highly recommend lastogum takes a bit longer than a membrane but its cheaper and never had an issue with it!

J

jonnyc

lastogum is an excellent product im my opinion
i think it is too. have been using mira for years and to be honest think they are much of a muchness.
but first tried lastogum about 18months ago when rep gave me a box to try and i rather like all pci products.
i find it great to have their rep interested in projects and have been using pci carrament quite a bit or sensitive stones with great sucess.
also using quite a lot of pecilastic by pci now on certain projects and it saves quite a bit of time over ditra .
i am not paid to advertise their product but i think they are out there with the better suppliers of quality products.

P

Perry

yes is a paint producthttp://www.pci.basf.co.uk/en/Products/waterproofingtanking/PCILastogumX/Pages/default.aspx
Yes Jonnyc i love pesilesastic always have a spare roll in my shed also 306 great poroducts

Reply to Pci lastogum in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks