Discuss Patchy Kerakoll 02 Grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

P

PJS

Hi All

We have just paid a small fortune for our bathroom to be refitted and completly tiled all walls. The tiler (which was employed by the plumber that we employed) used Kerakoll grout in 02 (light grey) colour.

Unfortunately the grout has dried extremely patchy over the entire bathroom and has ruined the look.

The tiler has said that the issue is either the grout or that the tiles contain recycled content which has led to uneven drying of the grout. Topps Tiles that supplied the tiles have said that the Attingham Mist tiles do not contain recycled material.

Does anyone have any ideas what might have caused this and how to overcome the issue? Pictures below.

Many thanks

IMG_0571.JPG IMG_0570.JPG IMG_0569.JPG

W

WetSaw

Can be caused by the grout not being mixed correctly, the bag not being mixed ( if not mixing a whole bag the pigments can sometimes not be evenly distributed) , too much water when cleaning up the grout.

I've not used it but Fuga fresca is good apparently.

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Esteemed
Reaction score
How long ago did he finish ? If you wait 7 days you can use their acidic cleaner, might bring it back ? I would never use that grout again.

P

PJS

How long ago did he finish ? If you wait 7 days you can use their acidic cleaner, might bring it back ? I would never use that grout again.

Hi Simon. Thanks for the reply. The room was grouted 14 days ago. The grout rep is coming tomorrow so i'll see what he says and suggest you and PDC's suggestions.

Thanks again for you input.

PJS

P

PJS

Can be caused by the grout not being mixed correctly, the bag not being mixed ( if not mixing a whole bag the pigments can sometimes not be evenly distributed) , too much water when cleaning up the grout.

I've not used it but Fuga fresca is good apparently.

Many thanks PDC. Do you class this as a permanent fix or would this have to be repeated in the future?

I

Italy

Fugabella ..... :(
the grout rep will say:
used too much water, or the adhesive was not dry yet.
that's all.
I have always had problems with dark colors fugabella,
the only product that uses recycled materials and lime is fugabella.
Here in Italy, many tilers refuse to use fugabella
and with this I said everything.
ps, use some very fine-grained sandpaper on the dark parts,
you should solve the problem and be careful not to touch the tiles.

Lakey

TF
Reaction score
I had a customer who supplied a lot of different Keracoll Grouts which were very temperamental to say the least. Some worked really well but on the whole I didn't get on with them at all. A BAL grey is so much easier and forgiving to be honest. Not that this helps.
Let me know how you get on with the rep!!!

Reply to Patchy Kerakoll 02 Grout in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks