Discuss Partially tiled bathroom in the America area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

U

Unregistered

Hi,
I currently have a plumber fitting my bathroom and doing my tiling. My bathroom is quite big so I don't want to tile the whole room.
The bath runs along one wall and the toilet and sink are on the joining wall. Obviously I want the tiles on both walls but don't know whether to tile
a) 2/3rds of the height of the walls all the way round or
b) 2/3rds next to the shower up to the corner and then one tile above the border on the sink and toilet wall or
c) Finish the 2/3rds half way down the length of the bath and then go one tile above the border from there??
Please help, I cannot picture it in my mind to know which will look best. If you have any other suggestions I would be grateful.
Many thanks.

M

mikethetile

its personal preference,cant your plumber help you decide by holding tiles up for you

T

Time's Ran Out

Its difficult to picture the room as you describe as there are other features which may be determining obstacles i.e. windows. However the border would tend to be the top tile on most tiling features and depending on the height of the ceiling, the tiling can be to picture rail height as long as it covers the shower splashes - if that's the case.
Surprised that the decision is being made at this stage and as Mike - would your tiling plumber not be able to advise!

R

Rich

Very hard to say without seeing the tiles or the room. Im afraid this is something that you need to talk through with your plumber.

G

Groutler

Hi, in most cases if not fully tiling a bathroom it would be usual to fully tile the bath area from floor to ceiling and tile any adjoining walls half height (approximately 1.2 - 1.3 metres high from the floor) or, finish the border tile in the best place to suit the overall look of the tiling set out. Half height tiling is normally high enough to create a substantial splash back for a sink, but naturally, when considering what height you want the border tile to finish, it is also important to avoid coinciding with window reveals, shower mixers and also bare in mind the size of tiles which will need to be cut to the floor, ceiling and around any other significant feature. Either way, your plumber should be able to advise you on this.

Brett

Reply to Partially tiled bathroom in the America area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks