Discuss Parkay floor in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
I recently went to measure up a floor it was 40m2 and it had carpet on, I picked up a corner of the carpet and found that it had parkay wood flooring underneath, when I picked a little of the wood up there’s a black glue substance on the floor,what can I use to get all the glue up with? Can I tile straight onto it? Or put a membrane matting down straight on top of the glue and tile directly onto the matting. Thanks fosters. sorry if this as been asked before

Reaction score
I recently went to measure up a floor it was 40m2 and it had carpet on, I picked up a corner of the carpet and found that it had parkay wood flooring underneath, when I picked a little of the wood up there’s a black glue substance on the floor,what can I use to get all the glue up with? Can I tile straight onto it? Or put a membrane matting down straight on top of the glue and tile directly onto the matting. Thanks fosters. sorry if this as been asked before
If it’s on concrete I would try strip it off with ( heavy duty polish remover stripper) there is allot of this type of detergent available and just work at it with your stiff brush and scraper. Other chemicals that help include methylated spirits , nitro mors paint stripper, acetone. If it’s on plyboard I might conscider overboarding that is mechanically fastened. ie screws etc. I don’t know if that black glue will hold the tile adhesive but wouldn’t want to take a chance.

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Take up the parquet and then uncouple with Bal flexbone. Perfect for problematic substrates. BAL Flexbone 2Easy | Tiling Product | BAL Adhesives - https://www.*****************/products/flexbone-2easy/

The other option is as above but lots of preparation and elbow grease.

Reaction score
Take up the parquet and then uncouple with Bal flexbone. Perfect for problematic substrates. BAL Flexbone 2Easy | Tiling Product | BAL Adhesives - https://www.*****************/products/flexbone-2easy/

The other option is as above but lots of preparation and elbow grease.
Thanks Dave. This option is the better option than the previous thread, would save me loads of time and elbow grease, I’ll pop down to my local Topps tiles to see if they have got it.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello how are you getting on with your job? Have you got any photos for our members of your progress?

Reaction score
Hello how are you getting on with your job? Have you got any photos for our members of your progress?
Hi, No the job was not until the beginning of October and I’m going to see the customer and see what she wants to do.

Reply to Parkay floor in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks