Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Paramount Wall fix in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Paramount wall fix for tile ideas? the plan is (or was) to tile floor to ceiling with 200mm x 100mm x 7.5mm ceramic tiles. As you can see the wall has seen better days, I appreciate and ideas for making the wall good for tile. My thoughts for what its worth are....
1) channel out cardboard and plasterboard to fit stud work/noggins (there is a wood batten top/bottom and both ends of the wall already) then fix tile board to stud ( would this benefit from marine ply then the tile board?
2) As per 1) but fit stud/ply/tile board in front of plaster, less work but lose space.
3) Screw/glue marine ply in front of wall then tileboard?

Your suggestions please....
Many thanks
Richard
20210208_112816.jpg
20210208_112812.jpg

pink

-
Reaction score
Paramount wall fix for tile ideas? the plan is (or was) to tile floor to ceiling with 200mm x 100mm x 7.5mm ceramic tiles. As you can see the wall has seen better days, I appreciate and ideas for making the wall good for tile. My thoughts for what its worth are....
1) channel out cardboard and plasterboard to fit stud work/noggins (there is a wood batten top/bottom and both ends of the wall already) then fix tile board to stud ( would this benefit from marine ply then the tile board?
2) As per 1) but fit stud/ply/tile board in front of plaster, less work but lose space.
3) Screw/glue marine ply in front of wall then tileboard?

Your suggestions please....
Many thanks
Richard View attachment 114048 View attachment 114049
stud with 4x2 and make new wall you said you have top bottom stud and put tile board over top with insulation
in wall

Reply to Paramount Wall fix in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock