Discuss Overwhelmed By Whole Concept For Uneven Concrete Sub-base, Laminate Floor in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

S

Sheepdisease

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you for your reply, I have already explained this previously.

I have been weighing up the pros and cons of putting laminate down before the kitchen units and know of two people who didn't do this and regretted it later on because their integrated appliances died but they could not remove them as the floor was higher than the unit legs preventing them from being pulled out.
So back to the question.

J

Just Rizzle

were the tilers forum not the laminate one. thought laminate went out when Jim royal and twiggy put it down in the royal family

J

J Sid

Thank you for your reply, I have already explained this previously.

So back to the question.
Are you serious?

If there integrated then put a bit of ply on the floor under the application and behind the kick plinths', if there not integrated then laminate under them but not the unit's.

Just use a bit of common sense :)

S

Sheepdisease

Are you serious?

If there integrated then put a bit of ply on the floor under the application and behind the kick plinths', if there not integrated then laminate under them but not the unit's.

Just use a bit of common sense :)
*They're

Just use correct spelling for appropriate context :)

Don't patronise at least 50% of the population who have the opposite opinion to you. I spent a long time researching this and there are tons of forums where people argue about it. Even in this thread there are people who have opposing views about whether it is acceptable or not.

J

J Sid

*They're

Just use correct spelling for appropriate context :)

Don't patronise at least 50% of the population who have the opposite opinion to you. I spent a long time researching this and there are tons of forums where people argue about it. Even in this thread there are people who have opposing views about whether it is acceptable or not.
You came on here wanting an opinion, you got my help and opinion with no thanks at all.....
Think your find nearer 95% would agree with me !!! ;)
What it looks like is you want people to agree with your thoughts on how to do the job, right?
If you have found tons of other forums surely one must be a kitchen fitter or laminate forum or even a ufh forum, why ask your questions on a tilers forum?

Q

Qwerty

As others have said......work out finished floor height then place ply under appliance to this height. Simple and you have freedom in the future

S

SJPurdy

It may be worth reconsidering your decision to only use two thermostats (1 for the kitchen area mat and one in the lounge for the lounge and hallway mats). With many hallways the air temp will go up and down a lot as doors are opened etc. whereas that in the lounge may be fairly stable. Therefore a dedicated hall thermostat may be advisable.

Reply to Overwhelmed By Whole Concept For Uneven Concrete Sub-base, Laminate Floor in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.