Discuss Outside floor tiles - Grouting advice in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Ah, I never knew. That is very interesting. I really appreciate you looking into this, it has been extremely helpful. It will also help me convince the missus that it really does need doing.

I had better get moving then. Just need this weather to get better.

One final question - should I add Admix GT1 if I get the Bal wide joint grout?
Yes , mix it one part gt1 to one part water.

Reaction score
Grout is coming out very easily.
My local tile place recommends Keraflex Rapid instead and they have it in stock, they reckon it is better. It means I can start straight away. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Reaction score
OK - Update:
The patio tiles were loose, what's more they were definitely cemented in. They all lifted without any difficulty as they were not stuck.
Had a massive job filling all the 3-5 cm deep hollows in the cement matrix (we used outdoor leveller + sharp sand as we needed it to set quickly in this colder weather).
Then re-laid the tiles.
It took two of us 6 days (I used a tiler I know and paid day rate, so I had expert help). Total job cost me 6 days of my time plus nearly £2k for labour and materials!
Ouch!
The job is done, and I am grateful for the advice given on this thread as it means it is done properly.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
OK - Update:
The patio tiles were loose, what's more they were definitely cemented in. They all lifted without any difficulty as they were not stuck.
Had a massive job filling all the 3-5 cm deep hollows in the cement matrix (we used outdoor leveller + sharp sand as we needed it to set quickly in this colder weather).
Then re-laid the tiles.
It took two of us 6 days (I used a tiler I know and paid day rate, so I had expert help). Total job cost me 6 days of my time plus nearly £2k for labour and materials!
Ouch!
The job is done, and I am grateful for the advice given on this thread as it means it is done properly.
Thanks for the update matey. We rarely hear about them once we've sorted them out. So thanks for that.

Any pictures of it done?

Reaction score
Photos as requested. A wide grout gap, but that's what the original builder did.

Attachments

• IMG_4289.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4287.jpg
    171.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_4288.jpg
    129.8 KB · Views: 14

Reply to Outside floor tiles - Grouting advice in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks