Discuss Original Style Victorian whites in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

eddiemck

I've just finished a beautiful black and white chequered victoria hallway with border using victorian style dust pressed tiles. Used Weber flexible adhesive which cleans off with no problem without any sealant. I've tested the black weber grout i planned to use and it stains. Tile technical sheets says use a cement grey grout and seal if necessary: I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation of products they've used to save me the time and cost of doing multiple tests?

afright

TF
Reaction score
Done a few Original Style floors with white never used colour grout always use grey,they do stain easy you can try sealing them first but I would stick to grey it will darken in time.

E

eddiemck

Thanks for that, any recommendations on best brand to use? I'm guessing avoid a rapidsetting grout as they seem to stain more easily

jstrats

TF
Reaction score
I recommend Mapei ultracolour, good range of grey shades and it's good for small joints.

I normally use the cement grey for victorian floors.

E

eddiemck

I recommend Mapei ultracolour, good range of grey shades and it's good for small joints.

I normally use the cement grey for victorian floors.

Thanks, I used a weber black in my test but it's stained pretty badly. Think I might seal them first as an added precaution and use the grey as you suggested. Thanks again.

C

Ceramico tiling

Off course seal them first as many coats as they can take.(but be careful not to over seal as they get nasty).The black should not penetrate them to cause a stain.(however it does get stuck slightly in the textured surface so wash asap)..But you are better off using grey it will just be less headaches.

Reply to Original Style Victorian whites in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks