• Thread starter 1sandyh
  • Start date
  • Replies 18
  • Views 6K

Discuss Options for second attempt.. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

1sandyh

I've been trailing this site for months & just completed my first wet room style/walk in shower (my bathroom)

Of course my Mrs isn't happy. She doesn't like the 'big lines' aka envelope cuts. But she insisted on large tiles, not mosaic so I presumed there wasn't much choice but to envelope cut.

I have since been having a read through the forums and have seen one & two way formers mentioned, rather than four way. Damn too late.

My next task is our en-suite. I'm looking to avoid envelope cuts this time (for obvious reasons!!) So what type of former would you recommend, ideally 1 or 2 way? And where/how much would you expect for a 1000 x 1500? Timber sub.

She's also not happy with how dark the grout is (to be fair it's more of a charcoal than a light-med grey as expected). Without re grouting are there any products to help lighten the colour?

Still learning!

Cheers

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Yes there are products to lighten grout, Universeal and mapei are two
that spring to mind

1sandyh

Cheers Albert. I'll have a look. Will post some photos once hung toilet & sink & screen.

Trying to find a 1 or 2 way former now...do they exist? Where can I get one? My merchants don't even stock formers still in the 90s!!

1sandyh

Thanks Tom. Wish I'd come here months ago!

I can't find any prices online, what do you reckon?

From your guys experiences which former do you prefer? 4 way or 2 way? Any particular brand?

B

Bill

I have no preference as I can build my own. Used a few different makes and most are of similar quality.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Ive used the Novellini Duodeck 3 on numerous occasions for the same reason, customers did not want envelope cuts, and the sizes work well with 60x30 tiles

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I think I paid around £280 but that is through a friend who owns a bathroom showroom so he's done me them at a good price as I send quite a few of my customers to buy from him. I doubt you would get anywhere near close to that price.

Reply to Options for second attempt.. in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks