Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss opinions on pre mixed tile adhesive in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
what are your opinions on pre mixed . its would be a lot more convenient for small jobs orwhere there is nowhere easy to mix and mess up.

OP
I

Ian

I totally agree, SPF for everything, used to use white star all the time until I saw the light. It is a good tubbed https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ but costs a fortune, probably 3 times the cost of a quality SPF.

OP
R

Rich

So I think to answer your question, if mixing up is a problem and if you are using small ceramics on a flat wall with no building up and you do not need to grout the same day, then tub https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ is fine but not what most professionals would use given the choice.

If on the other hand you can mix up or you need to build up, grout the same day or the tiles are anything larger than 300x300 or not ceramic. A powder https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ all the way.

OP
S

Stef

Rich, you hit the nail right on the head,

"If you know its limitations"

This is where a lot of people trip up on tubbed addy.

I know so called tilers that have stuck 600x300mm porcelain on with tubbed addy. :mad2:

OP
R

Rich

I can beat that mate, very successful firm round here (I would love to give their name on here but cant :thumbsdown:) will use nothing else but tub, they refuse to even use powder on timber floors. Needless to say they get a lot of failures.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

Stef

Rich, that is unbelievable.

"On Floors" Oh Dear.

On the plus side it will keep you busy.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
I can beat that mate, very successful firm round here (I would love to give their name on here but cant :thumbsdown:) will use nothing else but tub, they refuse to even use powder on timber floors. Needless to say they get a lot of failures.

I did a bathroom refurb in an old hotel converted into apartments. It was only 3x2m in size and if I was at one end of the room and the plumber walked in, I could feel myself being raised up there was so much deflection in the floor. Again the developers had used tubbed addy for the floor and the tiles were coming up very quickly. Luckily the customer wanted it all out and replaced. Nice job.

OP
B

BossieMossie

I think it's wonderful stuff!
You open the lid and out wafts that clean scented aroma of creamy paste just waiting to be spread like butter onto a perfectly flat plastered surface.
You gently push the tiles into its moist surface, gently twisting as you go, and one after another a tile is held in position waiting for a cursory wipe with a damp sponge.
What could be more perfect.

That's my opinion anyway!
Stop sniffing the glue !

Reply to opinions on pre mixed tile adhesive in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock