Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss opinions on pre mixed tile adhesive in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
what are your opinions on pre mixed . its would be a lot more convenient for small jobs orwhere there is nowhere easy to mix and mess up.

OP
I

Ian

Same as mike for me, reasons being, can't be applied any thicker than 3mm, takes at least 24 hours to dry, can't be used on tiles larger than 300 x 300 and is a lot more expensive per m2 than powdered https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.

OP
S

Stef

We use a lot of ready mixed on site, its what the company buy us.

It has its pros & cons, Only good for a max tile size of 300x300mm.

Ready mixed is frowned upon on this site but everyone has their own opinion.

Personally i would rather use a slow set https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ if we have time but if not then a batch of rapid if we are in a hurry.

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
It should be kept in the stores that sell it with a banned sticker on......don't ever use it now:ban:

CJ

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Used to use it a lot for kitchens and small tile jobs..............but I drifted over to powdered stuffs..........and stayed.

OP
P

Perry

its the best thing in the world

for the buckets not for the https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ unless you want to strip paint

OP
R

Rich

It is OK if you know its limitations but a lot of people dont look into these. Small ceramics on a flat wall will be fine.

I tend to use a standard setting powder for walls and rapid for floors, cant really see what you gain from using tub to be honest... Apart from the tub itself, that is.

OP
T

Time's Ran Out

I think it's wonderful stuff!
You open the lid and out wafts that clean scented aroma of creamy paste just waiting to be spread like butter onto a perfectly flat plastered surface.
You gently push the tiles into its moist surface, gently twisting as you go, and one after another a tile is held in position waiting for a cursory wipe with a damp sponge.
What could be more perfect.

That's my opinion anyway!

OP
P

Perry

I think it's wonderful stuff!
You open the lid and out wafts that clean scented aroma of creamy paste just waiting to be spread like butter onto a perfectly flat plastered surface.
You gently push the tiles into its moist surface, gently twisting as you go, and one after another a tile is held in position waiting for a cursory wipe with a damp sponge.
What could be more perfect.

That's my opinion anyway!

perfectly flat plastered surface John where have you seen this ? are you dreaming WAKE UP

OP
A

Alan M

why cant you use it on larger tiles. is it the weight trying to pull it off the wall. i think it would be handy for small jobs where mixing small amount is a PITA. tubs are hardy thow

OP
M

mattle40

why cant you use it on larger tiles. is it the weight trying to pull it off the wall. i think it would be handy for small jobs where mixing small amount is a PITA. tubs are hardy thow

It won't dry with large tiles, it dries through dispersion through the joints

OP
Q

Qwerty

I hate to admit it, but tubbed gear has come on along way over the years. I very very rarely ever use it myself, but have been gobsmacked by some jobs that are still standing after a couple of years that were fixed with ready mixed.
I only found out the other day from another tiler that B&Q bathroom displays are nearly all fixed using tubbed gear...... including real stone displays!!! :yikes::47::mad2::behead:

OP
M

mattle40

To be fair I hate it myself, when I have the choice it's SPF all the way but iv done a lot of showrooms displays in white star, and stripped a lot that were done with white star and it really does stick a lot better than you think

Reply to opinions on pre mixed tile adhesive in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock