Discuss Olive oil on ceramic tiles color enhancer in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone had an attempt to use olive oil as a color enhancer or a sealer on ceramic tile ?

any opinions on this ? why to do this and why not ?

Olive oil is not that expensive where I live and using a wet finish sealer would cost me a lot more (Which I looked everywhere for and I didn't find it in any store yet), it does enhance color and it is absorbed into the tile it's also resistant to water, also olive oil is not toxic so why hasn't anyone tried this yet ?

the only thing I'm not sure about is how long lasting this would be and if dust does stick to it or not (I think it won't if applied correctly).

any thoughts on this ?

any help is appreciated, thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Using any oil on unglazed ceramic tiles is unadvisable as in the long run it will discolour and attract dirt. Oil based products will seep into the surface pores of the ceramic body and can cause staining which can prove extremely difficult to remove.
It may enhance over the short term but long term it can be disastrous.

Reply to Olive oil on ceramic tiles color enhancer in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks