Discuss NVQ 2 Assesment? Anyone done one before? in the Tiling Courses area at TilersForums.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveWilliams

New to TilersForums.com
Hi i have just applied for a job and need a NVQ level 2. I have been tiling for around 6 years all on the job training. Anybody done an assesment before? I have found a couple but don't really know what to expect.
Thanks steve

impish

Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
my assessment involved a guy coming out to see me at work, asked for half a dozen signatures, took a few photos, links to my web-site and I had NVQ2.
I imagine I had a slightly less "thorough" assessment than most!

Andystiletiling

JOTM Winner
Trusted Advisor
Tilers' Arms Member
Admired Member
my assessment involved a guy coming out to see me at work, asked for half a dozen signatures, took a few photos, links to my web-site and I had NVQ2.
I imagine I had a slightly less "thorough" assessment than most!
Same here, guy even lent me a luminous vest and hard hat for a H&S photo call, not exactly taxing was it..

jcrtiling

TTA Member
Tilers' Arms Member
Much the same when I did nvq3 it's nothing to worry about if you can show you can do the work you have some knowledge about what you're doing it's in the bag .

jcrtiling

TTA Member
Tilers' Arms Member
Do you actually need a nvq2 or do you just need a cscs card . I know of tilers on site tiling with a labourers cscs card

OP
SteveWilliams

SteveWilliams

New to TilersForums.com
Yeah i need the nvq mate i have the cscs card but they said i need it for the job unfortunatly

Goldtrowel

NVQ Trainers and Assessors
Company Support
Hi Steve,
Just to add, you have the option of doing your level 2 through the experienced worker route (EWPA), this is available to anyone with 5 or more years experience, and involves just a 1 day practical assessment, and quick discussion and a few questions!! far less paperwork and meetings.
Doug

Protiler 68

Tilers' Arms Member
I did mine at college years ago,probably changed now,but they come out to a number of your jobs and look and ask any questions ,but phone the nvq board and ask ,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom