Discuss Not putting final floor covering down on self leveled floors for a couple of months in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

C

cassas00

-
What member type are you?
Homeowner
I'm having the whole ground floor self leveled in a few days and noticed in the spec that it's not suitable as a wearing surface. Now I do intend to covering it eventually with engineered wood and tiles but probably not for a month or two while other works are completed. Works include rewire, dot and dab and skimming of the kitchen and small plumbing work.

Is is OK to leave uncovered for this duration? I'm waiting to hear off my screeder but thought I'd get some other opinions.

Products being used are Weber 4716 primer and 4310 fibre self leveling compound.

I spoke to Webers technical department and they said it would be fine if I lay some protective floor covering that is breathable.

judge

judge

TF
Arms
Reactions
362 3
If it's only foot traffic it'll be fine for a few months

Reply to Not putting final floor covering down on self leveled floors for a couple of months in the Floor Advice - Flooring Forum area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.