Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Not happy with the standard of tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

T

Tara 476

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Your grout has already started to crack and lift in places which means tiles are loose. Try tapping them and seeing if they are hollow. I feel for you and you should have not had to pay for that as he’s actually cost you even more in the long run. This guy isn’t a professional and not even a good person to take your money. I would seek repayment and I would feel a responsibility to warn others. This is the dark side of this unregulated Wild West trade I’m afraid.
Is the grout cracking due to the tiles being loose?

P

Petetile2

Is the grout cracking due to the tiles being loose?
Tilings not very good atall lol... wondering if got underfloor heating for that grout to crack so bad too! ..as for those levelling clips for those that use them.. ...good tilers dont use them...!!

Kevbos

Arms
Reaction score
Please contribute to this thread if you have any new information or can even just reiterate what has been said already. :)
Hey so I have recently bought a new build house and wanted my floors tiled, I bought the tiles myself from Mandarin Stone and hired a tiler to lay them for me. The floors were in good condition and most importantly level prior to him starting. After 4 days he was done however the tiles were not level and the grout was not level either so between some tiles it was spilling out and between some it was extremely low. I had 5 tiles left over so I asked him to come back fix them. He used all 5 remaining tiles and re grouted them however the tiles are not level nor is the grout. He quoted me £1200 before stating the job and I paid him £900 purely because of how badly it was done (he had also reversed into our garage and damaged the wall without telling us) now that the tiles have been properly cleaned etc they look even worse and I’m not happy that I paid him the £900 because the whole floor will need to be redone. What can I do?

this is my first property so I was clueless about who to go with however multiple businesses quoted me £1200 therefore I assumed the price was okay.

View attachment 124110

View attachment 124111

View attachment 124112

View attachment 124113

View attachment 124114

View attachment 124115

View attachment 124116

View attachment 124117

View attachment 124118

View attachment 124119
A new build and no mention of adding strength to the floors before tile !! I know new builds those flat floors are not suitable to tile over

Reply to Not happy with the standard of tiling in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock