Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss NETT anyone? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Has anyone been on the Nett training course would like to find out some feed back on it. Did any of use guys have any tile knowledge when you went on this course and what was your knowledge like when you finished ...??:20::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
J

jimbob

Hi,

I went on it about 6 weeks ago. Never laid a tile in my life before I went, and was well pleased with what I achieved in the space of 4 days, as well as the theoretical knowledge passed on. I would heartily recommend giving them a try :thumbsup:

Jimbob

OP
R

Rissyboi

I have booked my self on the 8 day tile and plastering course. was just wondering what knowledge you got out of it because i see alot of threads in here about what to do before lying tiles down like hardiborder 8mm plywood and stuff and being honest i really have no idea...:mad2::mad2::mad2::mad2:

OP
J

jimbob

There's a section on how to run a business/drum up work, accounts & tax, different tools, different types of https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ and when to use them, types of tile. Can't recall any section on hardiebacker etc. - just about types and thicknesses of ply and when to use them. Rest is practical work. (I may have missed some out but its been a few weeks!)

If you have any specific questions ask him when you're there. :thumbsup:

OP
R

Rissyboi

Cheers jimbob :thumbsup: And how are you getting on now with your new career? have you started up on your own, are you getting abit of work?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OP
J

jimbob

Cheers jimbob :thumbsup: And how are you getting on now with your new career? have you started up on your own, are you getting abit of work?:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Plenty of work on - but it's all at my own house! I'm one of the minority that did it for DIY purposes rather than starting up a new career. Darren at NETT is confident that everyone is ready to start up on your own after his course though, so I'm sure you'll be fine :thumbsup:

OP
M

mags

Can recommend NETT not only for the info on tile but also the business help Darren provides, also wear ear muffs for the jokes from all at NETT theyre very old and corny lol (the jokes that is ). :lol:

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Rissy
Dont worry, everything is covered on the course from the practical to the backgrounds, you will get my personal home email as well just in case you need to ask anything after youve left the course, youll be fine, see you when you get down, didnt think my jokes were too bad, its Dereks jokes on the plastering that you have to watch out for :smilewinkgrin:
Regards
Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Doesnt seem anything like that since you came on the course, frightening how fast time goes by, still as long as it has gone well thats all that counts, best of luck for the future Brian
Darren

OP
G

Gas Meter

Hi

i thought i should leave some feed back regarding north east tile in tyne and wear as i think credit is due

Darren and Tracey run a pretty sleek operation there and are friendly and helpful. the after service in second to none - you can alway ring up and ask a question. they can't provide you with experience that has to be earned but they will give you all the knowledge you could need its just up to you to listen, take note and ask questions to get the best out of it. it is a brilliant service with a good tutor (Mick) - its intensive, no standing around but thats what you want if you are paying, and it is a resonable price too. i done the 2 week course - worth it.

I fully recommend them
Peter

OP
C

charlie1

hree here ot that!! Darren is very good and gives you all the confidence you need

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Hi Peter
Thanks for the testimonial
Im back in the driving seat teaching the tile training, anything you need to know just let me know
Best of luck
Regards
Darren

Reply to NETT anyone? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock