Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Norcross pro gym base a game changer in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
O

One Day

Hmm. Average ambient temperature of 20c. Could be a problem for 50weeks of each year!
Alan, what happens to the moisture if it's blocked in?

F

Flintstone

I asked all the questions about this on tilers talk and didn't really get any answers. All the tech sheet was on there too.

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
20oC is considered room temperature and effectively british standard temperature. If it's warmer itll take a bit longer to set if it's warmer it'll not take as long

The moisture is not locked in. It is allowed to release very slowly such that the tile face and grout joints can cope with it without detriment the bond strength

No idea about tiles talk but as the system was only launched on Monday of this week I guess it will take a while for the answers to disseminate.

The system has been thoroughly tested on our screeds at an independent test facility and the test results were really impressive

D

Dumbo

20oC is considered room temperature and effectively british standard temperature. If it's warmer itll take a bit longer to set if it's warmer it'll not take as long

The moisture is not locked in. It is allowed to release very slowly such that the tile face and grout joints can cope with it without detriment the bond strength

No idea about tiles talk but as the system was only launched on Monday of this week I guess it will take a while for the answers to disseminate.

The system has been thoroughly tested on our screeds at an independent test facility and the test results were really impressive
is there a technical reason that it will only work with their https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/?

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Hmm. Average ambient temperature of 20c. Could be a problem for 50weeks of each year!
Alan, what happens to the moisture if it's blocked in?

It's been 24degrees for the last three weeks here
is there a technical reason that it will only work with their https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/?

It would not be appropriate for me to answer that. We're I to say it can be used with any https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ it could be seen as undermining an industry ally. If i were to say it can omly be used wuth theirs it could be seen as anti competitive. I will simply say that I am not aware of a technical reason it can only be used with their https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/ but that the usual advice is try not to mix and match systems.

OP
A

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score

Hmm. I understand caution so I'm not having a go or wanting an argument but I'm interested in your response.

If a client were to offer you a huge chunk of good work at good money that involved tile to a gypsol screed but said it's been in 10 days. Would you walk away knowing that there is a system available that has been tested not only by the manufacturer but in an independent facility and offers a "lifetime guarantee" and is endorsed by the UK leading and largest manufacturer of anhydrous screeds products simply because you want to see others use it first?

D

Dumbo

Yes if I hadn't seen it field tested by other users and heard their responses I would walk away as I don't need to take the liability when I can do other work without having to worry . How many people do you think there are on this site who tile straight to chipboard because 2 part elastomeric adhesives say you can .

Reply to Norcross pro gym base a game changer in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock