Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Norcross NX Floor tile adhesive failure in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
need eyes in the back of your head.
Using Norcros NX standard set floor tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/. After an issue with multipro boards I did some trials with this product. Following tec instructions on the bag, to the letter, after. 4 day cure my tiles pulled off with minimal finger pressure.
On primed ext mahogany ply and birch ply that was primed @ 4.1 with SBR,which is recommended on the bag, complete failure.
On contacting their tech support they claim I should have been priming with neat SBR šŸ˜”
Would have been nice to put that advice on the bag instead of mis-advice !
So currently trialing a few tiles with neat SBR. I'm not looking forward to the pull test.
Rapid set sticks to EVERYTHING but I the pot life is 30 mins

Reply to Norcross NX Floor tile adhesive failure in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock