Discuss Non flexy addy in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello All

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but when to use flexy and when is it not needed?

I've got wall boards to tile (plasterboard - I know its not ideal) and also a suspended floor that I'll glue&screw cement board to.

So do I need flexy in both cases? What is flexy for - surely nobody tiles directly on wood ?

I will be using bagged cement based addy but the flexy stuff seems to cost almost double.

I am a DIYer as you can tell from the questions. Please go easy on me and any constructive replies very gratefully received !

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hello All

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but when to use flexy and when is it not needed?

I've got wall boards to tile (plasterboard - I know its not ideal) and also a suspended floor that I'll glue&screw cement board to.

So do I need flexy in both cases? What is flexy for - surely nobody tiles directly on wood ?

I will be using bagged cement based addy but the flexy stuff seems to cost almost double.

I am a DIYer as you can tell from the questions. Please go easy on me and any constructive replies very gratefully received !
Nearly most cement based tile adhesive are partially polymer modified, so they can be used with porcelain tiles ( when stated on the bag ) but a flexible C2 and above is more modified to allow for minimal deformity in the substrate.
so you can use a C1 none flexible on the walls and a flexible on the floor .

Reply to Non flexy addy in the DIY Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks