Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Nomoreply primer when tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi there,
I’ve seen the thread about backer boards water proof vs water resistant etc.

We were going to use aquapanel and tank with ever build aqua seal tanking kit which comes with primer etc.

However, the merchant had nomoreply instead.
I’ve checked this and they seem to require us to prime both sides of the board with their primer.

I asked aquaseal if we just leave their primer out and they were unable to answer.

Has anyone come across this?
The other thread suggests all cement boards, Hardie, nmp etc are tanked, but do we still need to prime with the nomoreply primer or the primer with the kit?

D

Dumbo

Why not use something like jackoboard ,which is water proof and only need the joints taping and also the screw heads. This all adds up to a better weight carrying capacity as your board isn't covered in tanking .

OP
R
Reaction score
sorry, must have missed the emails saying there was a reply. I took the nomoreply back

Jacko looks similar to marmox, just need to sort the old uneven undercoat plaster on the wall then add some acrylic primer as those boards bond with bagged tile https://www.tilersforums.com/forums/tile-adhesive/.
They also come in 20mm which might be better for the shower pipes (less cement than dob/dab). cheers guys, I'll do that

Reply to Nomoreply primer when tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock