Discuss Niro Granite Porcelain floor tiles - sealing options...?? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

E

estepeste

Hi

We have some Niro Granite Porcelain Floor tiles (non-slip). They are about 99% non-porous, but the dirt just sticks to the top and is very difficult to remove.

I have managed to remove this (with a lot of scrubbing) with Lithofin Intensive Cleaner, but after that it just packs back on. Upon speaking to the guy at the local Tile warehouse here yesterday, he suggested sealing it with Lithofin FZ Stain-stop. It is very expensive, so i was hoping for some input from anyone here who has had the same issues before.

if it was the manufacturing wax layer causing issues, water would bead off, right?
Plus if it was wax, it would have come off with previous harsh cleaning being done, right?

If it was grout haze, it would have come off with harsh cleaning too, right?

I am at a loss as to why these tiles are so hard to keep clean, any suggestions would be very welcome.
Will the Lithofin Stain-stop seal it off for a long time, or will it have to be re-sealed quite often?

HELP!!!
(photo below shows dirty tile at top, and cleaned one at bottom)
P1070255.jpg

C

Concrete guy

The reason these tiles are so hard to keep clean is due to them being non slip.

Effectively they have a textured surface, which creates the anti slip part, but the flip side is it acts as an extremely effective dirt trap.

As this is a porcelain tile I'm almost sure that any stain stop product will be largely ineffective as they are impregnating sealers. That means they soak into the surface and body of products, generally natural stones.

As porcelain is manufactured to be almost completely impervious you're going to struggle to get an impregnating product to impregnate the tile.

The only solution I could possibly think of is a topical polish or finish which might have the effect of actually negating the non slip property of the tile.

So there's your dilemma - non slip - but difficult to keep clean.

Easy to clean - but no longer non slip (possibly).

R

Rizzle from the Portizzle

i all ways tell my clients those facts none slip a devil to keep kleen and 99% all ways go for one in the middle

Reply to Niro Granite Porcelain floor tiles - sealing options...?? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks