Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Nick - New member - wet saw question in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everyone,
I worked as an apprentice tiler with a well respected tiler ( now long gone) straight out of school whilst trying to make it as a footballer in the West London area!
After three years. I went to college to become a PE teacher and have been in that profession for around 30 years. During this time I carried on tile regularly for friends and family.
Having grown tired of teaching, I decided to go back to tile and went on the two week residential UK pro tile course in Hartlepool to get fully back into it. I am now aiming to start tile full time from July.

My first question - wet saws? Best Buy at the moment. Haven’t got a fortune to spend but don’t want rubbish. Any advice gratefully received.
Nick

O

One Day

Rarely use mine. More likely to use a decent grinder with some decent blades and ppe.
For the very occasional times though I have a briccolina and a Raimondi gs86. Very different beasts.

G

GoneGuy

Hello and welcome, I’ve got a rubi nd200 but tend to use my variable speed grinder and good quality blades

L

LM

Welcome. As above grinder blades are so advanced now and with such a variety for any material it’s not worth the hassle to be humping a wet saw about now.
If you definitely want one then the best advice will depend on your budget and what sort of material you’ll most likely be using it on.

T

Time's Ran Out

Dewalt 2400 - and welcome.
B4550413-30C5-45FC-A78D-935E32A6F917.png

O

On one

To give you the best advice for your very own position,what size of tiles do you expect to cut and what kind of budget do you have.

Reply to Nick - New member - wet saw question in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock