Discuss Newly fitted starlight tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Ab99

TF
Reaction score
Hello

I have just had my bathroom fitted and had some 600x600 black starlight quartz tiles fitted (link below)
Starlight Black Polished Quartz W&F 600x600mm - https://veronagroup.co.uk/s10045

The tiler fitted and grouted them with black grout. I asked him for recommendation with regards to cleaning and he said to steam mop.

The sellers also told me they dont need sealing how ever on the website it says they do..which i havent.

What products do you guys recommend for sealing and cleaning the tiles.

Thanks

T

Tile Shop

The tiler needs shooting for telling you to use a steam mop. They will curl and lift from thermal shock in next to no time. General everyday cleaning, I'd go for a regular mop the LTP Floorshine.

I always recommend sealing them. Yes, they contain a resin which because of this, many people automatically think sealing is not required, but the natural stone element of them can still discolour, and micro-pores can also open up during the polishing process which can tarnish. Should be sealed ideally before grouting, especially with black grout (notorious for staining anything it comes into contact with) with the LTP MPG sealer.

Other brands and equivalent products are also available.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ab99

TF
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I should of looked into this before fitting. Ltp floorshine is on my shopping list.

I can still seal it even tho it has been fitted and had some usage? Im guessing i would need to use a different product before sealing?

Thanks

Reply to Newly fitted starlight tiles in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks