Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Newbie to the forum in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi All,

I've been reading through the forum for a few months now and thought I should pipe up and say hello!

I've been tile since October following a career change due to redundancy. I find I'm learning on a daily basis and the forum has helped me massively, so thank you all. Many of my questions have been answered simply by searching through the forum which has become my default "go-to" place for an answer. I spend at least an hour a day just researching in the hope I can improve! I seem to be getting there

Anyways, thanks again and hopefully at some point I'll be able to add something of use to the group myself!

Cheers

Edd (Ipswich).

Boggs

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Hi Edd :thumbsup:

D

Dumbo

Hi Edd
Most of us are still learning maybe not on a daily basis but the industry is constantly changing and we have to adopt new materials and techniques, so no your'e not the only one .
Oh and welcome to the forum

OP
E

eddcottee

Arms
Reaction score
It certainly seems to be Albert! All good though. What does seem to happen on almost every job I do, is whoever has been in there before me hasn't done their job properly. If worktop number one is nice and level but worktop number two on the opposite wall is 10mm out compared to the first one, that dosen't really help when trying to tile all of the walls!

Until having done a few jobs, I didn't even think to check that upon pricing the job. Makes a massive difference to the time taken to complete the job though.

Good news is, it seems there is plenty of work out there and I'm sure if I continue to take my time and deliver as good quality finish as I can, the clients will be happy and the good reputation will come in time.

Already seen plenty of "rogues" out there myself and I dont even know what I'm talking about yet. Went to price a job last week and the person who went to price it before me actually told the client that their electrical sockets would have to be moved because it's not possible to cut a hole for the socket in the middle of a tile! I just laughed and suggested although they may not choose to go with me, definitely don't go with that guy!

It's been quite an eye opener so far. I've struggled and gotten frustrated and felt like throwing the towel in, but there has always been a solution and each job I've done has turned out well. A couple have cost me a few days extra work, but that's all just a learning curve. Worth spending the extra time and getting it right in my opinion

Reply to Newbie to the forum in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock