Discuss Newbie tiler in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello all just thought id introduce myself on here for my 1st post. Looking to gain as much knowledge from all you pros. Been on the site when looking for information and have learned alot just from previous posts so a big thank you to the site and all its members. Hopefuly more to come. Still fairly new to this game so go easy on me and be preparered for the amateur questions (for you pros anyway) many thanks
M

Reaction score
Thanks guys and not long at all been couple of months 3_fall so still alot to learn.
Plan tec only done a few jobs so far kitchen splashbacks and one bathroom with another bathrrom il be doing very soon
All.jobs have been for either family or friends to gain experience

O

Old Mod

Thanks guys and not long at all been couple of months 3_fall so still alot to learn.
Plan tec only done a few jobs so far kitchen splashbacks and one bathroom with another bathrrom il be doing very soon
All.jobs have been for either family or friends to gain experience
Fair play, that’s a sensible approach.

(If you add the @ before a name, that person will be told you’ve mentioned them. You can raise a particular persons attention then, if you wish, of course. :) @MAK_Tiling

Reaction score
Thanks @3_fall learn somthing new evryday :).
I know am still a newbie but iv got hunger to learn this trade inside out. Ive spoken to few tilers/tile shops about xps foam boards and decoupling membranes as this looks like the materials i would like to use and most of them.had not even heard of it before. Am i missisng somwthing about them?? Are they even any good.?

O

Old Mod

Thanks @3_fall learn somthing new evryday :).
I know am still a newbie but iv got hunger to learn this trade inside out. Ive spoken to few tilers/tile shops about xps foam boards and decoupling membranes as this looks like the materials i would like to use and most of them.had not even heard of it before. Am i missisng somwthing about them?? Are they even any good.?
Yes they are, but have very specific roles to play.
As this is the welcome forum, you’d be better off posting these as separate questions in the appropriate forum Mak.
As XPS boards have several uses you can ask that in the tiling forum here ‘Tiling Forum’
Ask about decouplers in the stone and thin porcelain forum.

Reply to Newbie tiler in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks