Discuss New Waterproof Hardie backer in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
O

Old Mod

Nice find.
I’d want to read up on the ANSI standard first, why only test for 2 hours, doesn’t seem a very long time.
I’d expect to see tests of several days at least.

In the past Hardie have been very clever at manipulating the English language, you have to be exact in your translation of their statements.

It also weighs an absolute ton! :tearsofjoy:

062462B2-D851-4B73-9AC6-E41CB489CF2F.jpeg
.....and I’m already suspicious of ‘Hydro Defence’ as opposed to something like ‘Hydro Stop!’ :D

D

Dumbo

Nice find.
I’d want to read up on the ANSI standard first, why only test for 2 hours, doesn’t seem a very long time.
I’d expect to see tests of several days at least.

In the past Hardie have been very clever at manipulating the English language, you have to be exact in your translation of their statements.

It also weighs an absolute ton! :tearsofjoy:

View attachment 108755
.....and I’m already suspicious of ‘Hydro Defence’ as opposed to something like ‘Hydro Stop!’ :D
You have as much trust of company tech as I do .
It's a sad state of affairs

Reaction score
We could do with more lightweight yet strong boards. I’d like to try the Laticrete Hydro Board, especially as places have started to stock the Laticrete tanking.
The lightweight foam boards are OK but aren’t rigid enough so come in silly sizes so more studs need to be added. It’s a pain. 17kgs for the new Hardie board is a backwards step.

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Even at 17kgs it’s still easier than handling a sheet of plasterboard.
I very much doubt there will ever be a strong, lightweight and waterproof board available.

O

Old Mod

Even at 17kgs it’s still easier than handling a sheet of plasterboard.
I very much doubt there will ever be a strong, lightweight and waterproof board available.

Strong, how so?
For what purpose?
You can fix 20mm wedi style direct to stud, and it’s waterproof.
And a lot lighter than PB.

Reply to New Waterproof Hardie backer in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks