Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New toy arrived, but how do I use it? Sigma 3C3M in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
An online video shows the handle being reversed before use on the 3C3M. Out of the box, the blue handle points towards the half round end of the base. The video suggests you remove the handle and reverse it so the blue handle faces the triangular end of the base.
Is this normal practice? It appears to work for a push handle but is it correct/necessary?
Any other tips for the Sigma push?

O

Old Mod

It’ll work either way, but standard is to push toward the pointy end :)

Some ex Rubi owners prefer to switch the handle around so that it resembles a standard Rubi cutter.

Sigma’s are simple and robust, nothing more to it.
Make sure you adjust height of rail to suit which ever thickness tile you are cutting.
There are diagrams in manual to show you how to gauge depth.

The only other important thing is, do not put any type of lubrication on the rail or handle. You NEVER need to lubricate it.
The only point of lubrication is the cutting wheel and the pivot of the drop down foot.
To clean cutting assembly, undo the rail finger nuts either end and remove the rail completely. It takes
2-3 minutes.
Next using 0000 steel wool, clean the rail gently.
Then using a clean folded cloth, pass it through the handle several times to keep it dust free.
Re-assemble.
It's that easy, and takes less than 10 minutes.
Never apply a lubricant, it will cause more trouble than it is worth.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you. I haven't tried using it yet but it does seem logical to push the handle towards the fence/stop so that the tile cannot move. Not suggesting I will change it.
Are you saying to clean off the grease before I use it? I noticed there were a few overly greased spots elsewhere.
I looked through the somewhat busy instructions for height setting but wasn't sure if I'd found anything relevant,
Do you need to score from inside the tile first, and then pull back towards you as some advocate or does it work fine just scoring in one movement?

Reply to New toy arrived, but how do I use it? Sigma 3C3M in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock