Discuss New to the tiling game in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Teddy1

TF
Reaction score
Hi guys. I’m new to the tiling industry. Just setting up a new business and looking forward to the change in career ! I’ll be looking for advice from you all in the future. It looks like there is lots of good guys on here.

I tiled my first floor on Wednesday. Any comments would be much appreciated. The customer was more than happy with it.

Thanks,Mike.

S

Spare Tool

Floor looks well Mike, only thing I'd mention in future cross bond your joints in cement boards, not sure on the spec for those particular boards but it's also generally good practice to tape the joints and skim with adhesive before fixing tiles...

Teddy1

TF
Reaction score

Floor looks well Mike, only thing I'd mention in future cross bond your joints in cement boards, not sure on the spec for those particular boards but it's also generally good practice to tape the joints and skim with adhesive before fixing tiles...
Andy. Thanks for the reply, I will definitely do that in future. Do you think I’ll have problems in the future with that floor ? Thanks. Mike.

S

Spare Tool

Can't say for sure, but as it's only a small area and you've screwed it down well, so hopefully not.. They are actually cement boards and not insulation boards yeah?
Just noticed around the archatrave, it looks better if you undercut it and slip tile underneath..a multi tool makes this easy, not picking faults mate..decent first job

Last edited by a moderator:

Teddy1

TF
Reaction score
Can't say for sure, but as it's only a small area and you've screwed it down well, so hopefully not.. They are actually cement boards and not insulation boards yeah?
Just noticed around the archatrave, it looks better if you undercut it and slip tile underneath..a multi tool makes this easy, not picking faults mate..decent first job
Thanks Andy. Yes they are cement boards. Will most certainly take that on board going forward. Now you’ve pointed that out I should have gone under the architrave. I did with the other ones. Thanks mate

View attachment 107933

Reply to New to the tiling game in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks