Discuss new tiles with white grout, have yellow staining in random places in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

T

tile89

Hi there
Have been tiling for 4- 5 years now
Always used bal bucket adheshive (green or white star) for walls and Ardex grout
A while ago i had a job where there was white tiles with white ardex grout and yellow staining apeared (the next day after grouting) in a few areas, (this wasnt major as it was only me who picked up on it,) i scraped back re grouted and havent heard anything back so guess its fine.
I have just finished a job with same application, and the same thing has happened
I thought it could have been the yellow from sponges maybe bleeding through, but i used nicobond sponges on recent job and tilesources sponges on other job.
Also thought it could be colour in the wall bleeding through but there was slight discolouring on a brand new plasterboard wall i had built.
I used profix waterprooftanking behind tiles and there seemed to be a bit of staining here aswell.

I thoroughly clean out my grouting buckets, before grouting and floats, (i have seperate buckets just for white grout) and i always use new sponges on each job.

i have heard certain adheshive if not set can react with certain grouts, but i have used this combination before and only had the trouble on these 2 jobs

Any advice would be much appreciated
Thanks

D

DHTiling

Hi... This is due to grouting before the dispersion adhesive has dried, thus the moisture from the dispersion adhesive is leaching through the now grouted joints.

Reply to new tiles with white grout, have yellow staining in random places in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Matthew77
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks