Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New tiler looking for experience (Manchester) in the Tilers Looking for Work - Post Details Here area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all, just wondering if any tilers in the Manchester area are looking for anybody to take on, I completed a 10 day level 1 course last year and quickly realised they just teach you the very basics, I have completed several jobs (kitchen splashbacks) but ideally want to work even labour for someone to gain the knowledge and learn the correct way. I have my own tools and drive. I'll upload some of my work in the comments. Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20220225_124205.jpg
    IMG_20220225_124205.jpg
    318.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20220128_123732.jpg
    IMG_20220128_123732.jpg
    215.1 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_20220128_123715.jpg
    IMG_20220128_123715.jpg
    248.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220103_064226.jpg
    IMG_20220103_064226.jpg
    200.7 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20220103_073137.jpg
    IMG_20220103_073137.jpg
    216.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20211220_150911.jpg
    IMG_20211220_150911.jpg
    373.1 KB · Views: 9

Robsay

-
Reaction score
Hi Mate, I did a course at UK Pro tile, 10 days and am in a similar position to you. I am based in Blackburn area and have full time job, but would like to switch careers into tile. I have done a few jobs etc. have you had any luck with finding a tile job?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi Mate, I did a course at UK Pro tile, 10 days and am in a similar position to you. I am based in Blackburn area and have full time job, but would like to switch careers into tile. I have done a few jobs etc. have you had any luck with finding a tile job?
Hiya pal, I wish I had done that course seen a lot of good reviews the one I did was unorganised quite a bit of stuff we were supposed to have been taught was missed. Shame really.
No I haven't had any luck yet like I said I've completed a few jobs on my own but I haven't got the confidence... More the preparation more than anything as we didn't get told anything about it on the course. I'm still trying though like messaging people of Facebook in forums etc.
Hope you get sorted pal.

Robsay

-
Reaction score
Hiya pal, I wish I had done that course seen a lot of good reviews the one I did was unorganised quite a bit of stuff we were supposed to have been taught was missed. Shame really.
No I haven't had any luck yet like I said I've completed a few jobs on my own but I haven't got the confidence... More the preparation more than anything as we didn't get told anything about it on the course. I'm still trying though like messaging people of Facebook in forums etc.
Hope you get sorted pal.

Robsay

-
Reaction score
Hi Mate

What you have done looks pretty good pal. Like I say I am working full time. Did the course whilst on furlough, as soon as I finished the course my job pulled me back in to work full time, so didn’t build up much work. Would like to get into it full time, tried on here before but no joy, willing to work weekends, for free etc just to get further experience. Are you currently in other employment?

OP
A
Reaction score
Hi Mate

What you have done looks pretty good pal. Like I say I am working full time. Did the course whilst on furlough, as soon as I finished the course my job pulled me back in to work full time, so didn’t build up much work. Would like to get into it full time, tried on here before but no joy, willing to work weekends, for free etc just to get further experience. Are you currently in other employment?
Thanks mate I've been asked to go back and do the rest of the kitchen with the white metro tiles so got that to look forward to.
No I'm not working at the moment, my wife had a baby so we decided rather than put her in childcare I'd take the opportunity to leave the job I was in and learn a trade. So the jobs I have done have worked around when she is off work so it has been helpful but she is going in nursery end of April so I can start full time somewhere, can't wait to be back working full time it's been a lonnggg road haha

Robsay

-
Reaction score
Thanks mate I've been asked to go back and do the rest of the kitchen with the white metro tiles so got that to look forward to.
No I'm not working at the moment, my wife had a baby so we decided rather than put her in childcare I'd take the opportunity to leave the job I was in and learn a trade. So the jobs I have done have worked around when she is off work so it has been helpful but she is going in nursery end of April so I can start full time somewhere, can't wait to be back working full time it's been a lonnggg road haha
Good luck pal. Hope you get the work!

Reply to New tiler looking for experience (Manchester) in the Tilers Looking for Work - Post Details Here area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock