Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New subfloor over wet UFH in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all,
Been a while. Need to quote for complete bath room.
The exisiting tiles finish pretty much level with the carpet in the bedroom. So not sure what the subfloor is under the tiles. I know it is chipboars on battens in other areas of the upstairs. (Guessing not chipboard in bathroom or would have expected tiles to pop with ufh. )Was there when customer moved in, so they dont know and didn't want to start pulling things apart.
Best/product system to go straight onto battens and keep floor level to a minimum?
Tia

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What sort of underfloor heating wet system with spreader plates ? Really need a picture to make a comment. Kop

D

Dumbo

I would of thought best thing for heat transfer If your replacing existing is gifa floor if you're overboarding it would be Hardie backer .

OP
N

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
What sort of underfloor heating wet system with spreader plates ? Really need a picture to make a comment. Kop
Unfortunately, I wasn't really able to see what type. Don't think I will know until I pull up the old tiles. The subfloor will need to come up in places for new bath position. I'm just looking to give them a price for worst case scenario of replaxing whole subfloor. Hopefully with better heat trabsference as they said it never gets that warm. Cheers

Wayne Brown

TF
Arms
Reaction score
We can advise you but we will need to know what you have to work with? I can't see that you can quote accurately without knowing the make up of the floor other than price to replace it all . Kop

D

Dumbo

We can advise you but we will need to know what you have to work with? I can't see that you can quote accurately without knowing the make up of the floor other than price to replace it all .
Yes but how people say just come and do it don't worry about the money . All my customers get a quote but I also state any extra remedial work that is needed will have to be requoted for . They need a ball park otherwise they could be thousands apart.

OP
N

Nic_P74

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
T
That is what I am trying to do. Give a best case and worst case scenario with the caveat that until the floor is pulled up it is just an estimate.
I also always look to do the best job possible with the most suitable materials (as I'm sure everybody here does) it was put in 12 years ago and products have developed that are far more efficient and better performing.
I have seen the GIFa, brio,fernacell etc. All the research or spiel is never as good as somebody saying. " I've used this product, easy to work with and I stall and good perdomance "
Appreciate all your input

Reply to New subfloor over wet UFH in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmcdon47
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock