Discuss New Search System supports AND / OR queries along with others.... in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Forum may lag a little while I'm installing a new search engine.

Once it's done I'll update this post with some commands you can use which will help you find content easier. A bit like the commands you'd use to search Google, eBay and Amazon etc.
Edit: It should be complete now.

Some search queries...
  • + signifies AND operation
  • | signifies OR operation
  • - negates a single token
  • " wraps a number of tokens to signify a phrase for searching
  • * at the end of a term signifies a prefix query
  • ( and ) signify precedence
  • ~N after a word signifies edit distance (fuzziness)
  • ~N after a phrase signifies slop amount

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Boggs

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
I just put “boobs” in to google and it brings up all I need. :tearsofjoy:

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
lol

It's okay.

If it's something you've not found you have a problem with, just carry on as you are. This is something I've installed on all forums and the sparks actually requested it. So they seem to know how to use it.

Basically, the search system is better: Search - https://www.tilersforums.com/search/

If you put in Tile + Grout + Adhesive you will get different results than if you put in Tile | Grout | Adhesive

(The first one includes the three searches together, the second would search for threads that contain tile without the wording grout and adhesive in it).

Reply to New Search System supports AND / OR queries along with others.... in the Suggestion Box area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks