Discuss New Rule: No holding threads and posts hostage! in the Forum Updates and Feedback area at TilersForums.com

Rating
5.00 star(s)
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reactions
5,262 27
What member type are you?
DIY Wall and Floor Tiler
I think a large part of the recent clique banding together like a bunch of old women in a knitting club is the fact a few were holding the forum posts hostage. And by that I mean saying they "won't post to the forum unless....". We had Bri who said unless his magical post likes he never had came back. Doug who said unless he gets an (automatically given) Esteemed tag and his post counts back (he deleted his account years ago so he had no new post counts on his new account). Marc said GaryTheTiler will start posting on the forum again if I make him a moderator. Not a chance on earth mate tell him go fish. Also too cliquey, admins don't pick moderators. Moderators are chosen because of their massive amount of good input. Not based on what they say they will do once they get the position. That's an employee not a volunteer.

Holding posts hostage won't get you anything. Don't post. I would rather you didn't than say 'I'll only post if...' to me.

Not a chance on earth a forum will run long term with 'owed posting'. We don't owe a member anything, and members don't owe us anything. Post, or don't. But don't try to hold posts hostage.

New rule that is.

Thread-terrorists won't be paid. :D :D

Post to the forum naturally and you'll naturally get rewarded automatically, not because you're in a clique.

Time and time again I see this and I think we should have made it clearer perhaps from the start. If you think you owe the forum something because we've given you something, you don't. If you think we owe you something because you've given the forum even 1 million posts. We don't. That's not then unbiased and fair.

Reply to New Rule: No holding threads and posts hostage! in the Forum Updates and Feedback area at TilersForums.com

New Threads (Sitewide)

Top Bottom

Use TilersForums.com to find Tiling Jobs or your Local Tilers for free. Get tiling tools at the best prices via the forum.