Discuss New Rubi magnet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

I

Italy

You're opinion Antonio?
I can not express an opinion.
I have not seen and tried.
Could also be good. Do you want my opinion of rubi? ..
I, here, do not know any tiler, that I use rubi.
apart from me 20 years ago ... (and I've said it all).
No chaos, it's just my opinion. ;)

andy-p

TF
Arms
Reaction score
This old chestnut again , ive owned and used em all and the Sigma is the best cutter easily , Watched the video of that new Rubi cutter and i am seriously underwhelmed..

Reaction score
To much crap to go wrong on rubi and the two bars twist(as things wear) meaning the cut gets a bow in the middle so either doesnt cut straight or doesnt cut at all.Used rubi for 20yrs now using sigma got sick of trying to make the tx900 cut straight. Still use rubi ts50 for small tiles .Funny part is a mate turned up with a sigma 5 years ago and i laughed at him. Also get the klick klock handle if you get a sigma and use the machine backwards(pushing towards the measuring bar) then the action feels the same as you are used to using the rubi. Dont worry about hiting your mark that old chestnut is BS

Reaction score
I have a tx 700 and have found it excellent but am another of those that have always stuck with rubi. If I was to buy something new I would try to borrow a sigma off a rep as you suggested.

G

GoneGuy

Well after some thought ( and haggling) I got this.

IMG_1285.JPG

I

Italy

Haven't used it yet, only picked it up today.
I got a floor on Sunday to do so will post up a review after
I would recommend, I want a review, with 45 ° cuts.
Example, how to set the measurement on the metric bar.
For cuts at 45 °. (For me, the only montolit problem).
At 90 °, I do not care about the test. :)
thanks adey

Reply to New Rubi magnet cutter in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks