Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss New member to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi everyone
I’m new to the forum and looking forward to reading some good advice. Like many people I’m wanting to change my job. Short history. Did my NVQ ‘s in brickwork over twenty years ago. My wife runs pubs/restaurants and this is where I worked whilst learning bricklaying. When the course finished I was ready to leave that job and start bricklaying.
It never happened. First child was born and I was needed at the pub to fit in with child care and work. I now have three children and years on regret not pursuing the trade I learnt. My interest in tile has been long standing and have always wanted to learn it. I feel I have attention to detail in all I do and love the finished product. I have my concerns though in doing the tile course as I can’t see how you can call yourself a tiler after a short course. I’m not saying you can’t be but just a bit unsure. I’d work with a tiler for free on my days off to learn after I did a course but most tilers don’t have the time to show you as they’re mostly on price work.
Any advice/opinions on how to gain the experience and confidence needed. I know a tile course is needed to learn the basics etc. Thanks for reading.
Paul.

O

Old Mod

Hi and welcome to the forum Paul.
Best of British, hope you can make it work.
We have some excellent fixers in your area, who knows maybe one of them could use a free pair of hands once in a while.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. Hopefully I’ll be able to find quality tilers who are happy for me to come along.
Cheers.

Reply to New member to the forum in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
BIG_AL
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock