Discuss New member -- simon p in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Simon p

TF
Reaction score
Hello new to the forum been stalking for a few weeks reading fair few post
Would like to say now this is an awsome forum lots of info very helpfull
Now ive joined im sure ill have plenty of questions in the future .
Ive recently found out ill be getting made redundant from my current employer so I'm considering a career change (machanical engineer) and ive previously done tiling about 10 years ago and really enjoyed the job and took pride seeing the finished product .. so my thoughts are if i get a half decent pay out to set up small business as a sole trader Simon

P.s any advise/banter welcomed

J

J Sid

Hi Simon, wish you all the best if a career change is what you fancy but don't expect half decent pay straight of. A lot to learn and a reputation to build first.
Ask away

Simon p

TF
Reaction score
@JulianSidney Thanks for your reply
im not expecting to make it big from day one at all and i know I'll have a lot to learn plus lots of hard work
Think ill try getting in touch with some local tilers so if i could get some work with a pro for a few months
I do plan on doing a intensive course as soon as possible

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard mate. When you did tiling 10 years ago, did you do it for a while or just once and that was 10 years ago?

Hope all is well healthwise now!

Simon p

TF
Reaction score
@Dan thanks pal did few years working in a gang of 3 mainly doing domestic council houses on a regeneration projects started just grouting and driving the 2 tilers to jobs then ended up setting out also did a few private houses with subway brick bond so not a complete newbie
Thanks @Localtiler yeah this forum is great

Reply to New member -- simon p in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks